Monday, September 26, 2011

grocery shopping haul.


Tonight I went grocery shopping for Blake and I. After hours of online research, we came up with our wish list for the week.  If all goes as planned, the hubby and I will be able to make several meals out of everything pictured above.  I should mention we already had Greek yogurt, granola, milk, orange juice, and Ezekiel bread at home.

Here are some meals I plan to fix:
-Low carb wraps or Ezekiel bread with organic peanut butter and bananas
-Low carb wraps or Ezekiel bread with gluten free turkey, mustard, lettuce, and avocado
-Lettuce wraps filled with tempeh, quinoa, avocado, and lime
-Lettuce wraps filled with Boca crumbles, black beans, lime, avocado, and salsa

The last meal mentioned is what I cooked for Blake and I tonight and we were pleasantly surprised!! Truth be known I am not a chef by any means.  Baby steps...baby steps.. Rumor has it this meal is also quite tasty with the Morning Star crumbles.  Personally, I'm a huge fan of Morning Star products so I'll more than likely give this one a whirl as well.

What do you like to bring home each week from the grocery store? Healthy meal suggestions are always welcomed :)

Have a great evening!

5 comments:

Mike K said...

some of my favorite easy fixes:

8 eggs + 16 oz egg whites
baked diced new potatoes with garlic
chopped bell peppers
cheddar cheese

parboiled rice
diced chicken breast
cilantro
black beans
jack and colby cheese

quinoa
ground beef
kidney beans
cumin + paprika + chipotle
minced onions

garbanzo beans
ground turkey
halved cherry tomatoes
parsley
balsamic vinegar

Melu103 said...

hi love :)

new follower here <3
i love your blog!
you and mr B make such a cute
couple!

how exiting .. your own house!
=) i love decorating .. i bet
you had tons of fun doing that


i hope you really like my blog
and follow back

i would love to keep in touch with you!


xoxo
www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

Raven said...

hey! so by the looks of your haul, are you guys vegetarians? I went veg for a while and felt the best I EVER had in my life, and looked the best. I am desperately trying to go back to that eating lifestyle, and I too love morningstar.

Anonymous said...

I love eating these dried apricot things, they're not the usual kind (round sticky ones) but kinda hard to explain they're in like a cube anyway they taste like lollies but are like 60% fruit and in the health foods section :)

Jenn said...

I hate grocery shopping!! Great blog love xox