Saturday, May 18, 2013

holy grail makeup products may 2013.

Happy Saturday evening! It's been ages since I have done a "holy grail" makeup products post.  If you missed the first one back in 2011 you can view it here.  Most likely I'll do these a bit more frequently going forward (at least once annually.) As you know, if you have followed this blog for any period of time, my cosmetic/beauty product favorites change on a fairly regular basis. However, it takes quite awhile for my holy-grail-status-products to change.  I would also like to do another holy grail (non-cosmetic) post focusing on skin care, shower/hair products, and other things of that nature. 


♥ Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation 3 in 1: This is the best.foundation.ever. and it's from....the drugstore! Score!  Honestly, I like this even more than any of the high end brands I have tried. I mix these two shades-- 805 and 810.  However, I'm sure as I get a little color throughout the summer, I'll just wear 810 (and then bounce back to 805 when I get all ghostly white again ha!)  This glorious foundation lasts forever and has fantastic coverage.  I never have to touch up throughout the day when wearing this.  This product claims to fuse a primer, concealer, and foundation all into one.  Believe it or not, this claim is legit.  


 ♥ Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Glisten: This blush reminds me a lot of Nars' blush in "Orgasm."  It's that same shimmery-peachy-pink. Tarte's Amazonian line is extremely long wearing and formulated without all those crummy parabens, sulfates, and synthetic fragrances.  Per Sephora's website, "Infused with natural clay harvested from the banks of the Amazon River and naturally baked by the sun, this nutrient-rich blush benefits all skin types for a fade-free flawless finish for an amazing 12 hours."  True story, Sephora. True story.




 ♥  Laura Mercier Mineral Powder, SPF 15 in Tender Rose: In my opinion, this is basically the new and improved version of Bare Minerals.  The Laura Mercier mineral powder lasts longer, has stronger coverage, and provides a flawless finish.  It's tricky to describe but it gives off this radiant, luminous glow.  Ironically, I last posted about this in May of last year (click here if you would like to read that review.)   I own it in a few colors as I wear it year round  (especially preferring this during the hot summer months in Texas!) 



♥ Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture SPF15, Pure Colour Satiny Radiance in LeOrange #13: I previously mentioned this product/color in my May Favorites of 2012 here.  This is hands down the prettiest orangy-red I have ever tried.  Absolutely in LOVE with this color.  Unfortunately, a certain Kardashian (darn you, Kourtney!) mentioned this was her favorite brand/color of lipstick and, since then, it's been near impossible to find.  However, I promise it will be worth the hunt if you are in the market for a poppy red/orange.  



♥ Tarte LipSurgence Natural Matte Lip Tint in Hope & Tarte Natural Lip Stain Pencil with LipSurgence in Enchanted: These are my favorite "everyday" lip colors.  Hope is my top matte, while Enchanted is my top gloss/stain.  I reviewed Hope here.  No CLUE how I have never mentioned Enchanted as I have worn this one for years! 


  Maybelline Master Duo by EyeStudio: This liquid liner claims to "go to thin from thick with the twist of a wrist."  It has a dual end which is incredibly thin on one side and thicker on the other.  Therefore, you can really achieve a lot of looks with this product.  


♥ Nars Blush in Albatross, Angelika, and Oasis.  It's been since October of 2011 when I posted about Albatross here.  This highlighter is a sheer, light golden, sheen.  It's safe to say I have worn this every day, and been through several of them, since I first purchased it a few years ago.  Highlighters are my favorite cosmetic category :) I have tried many and always end up going back to this favorite.  Surprise surprise, Angelika was mentioned in my first holy grail post here.  Anything that has been a favorite since 2011 is pretty awesome in my book.  On Sephora's website, this is described as a "cotton candy" pink.  That is absolutely the best way to explain it. A true barbie, sparkly, pink! Love! Lastly, we have Oasis, which was featured on my January favorites from 2012 here.  I switch between Angelika and Oasis (and cannot forget about Tarte's Glisten mentioned above) as my main blush with Albatross over.  If I had to narrow it down to one blush that I wear the most, it would be Oasis.  Oasis is described as a sparkling pink champagne.  This blush would look incredible and flatter ANY skin tone--it's gorgeous.  You cannot go wrong with the Nars blushes.  



♥ Benefit's POREfessional: This product was last mentioned in my February Favorites from this year here.  If you have problems with your pores showing their lovely selves when you wear foundation or powder, I highly recommend you check out this primer. Not only does it make your makeup last longer, it truly hides the appearance of pores without clogging them.  It essentially "blurs" imperfections and even has a light skin-toned tint to it.  Incredible! 


♥ Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer in Light & Rachel K's CC Cream in Original/Light: Clearly I have an issue narrowing down my favorite primer.  Honestly, these two and the Benefit POREfessional, mentioned above, all serve a different purpose.  The Smashbox primer was mentioned in my May Favorites of 2012 here.  This is wonderful for sensitive skin and has been rumored to be "the secret" for those with problematic skin.  I learned of Rachel K from LisaLisaD1 on YouTube (you can check out her amazing channel here.)  Like Benefit's POREfessional, it does a wonderful job at hiding the appearance of pores.  Unfortunately, I haven't had this for too long. However, it's THAT good. Love at first sight ;) The difference between Rachel K and the other primers I mentioned is the fact that it neutralizes your skin tone and creates a more evened out look before you apply your foundation or powder.  The finish is flawless, matte, and radiant all in one.  I also feel strongly that this primer makes my foundation last longer than any other primer I have ever tried.  Thanks so much, Lisa!  She knows her stuff ;) Lisa has her own website where you can order Rachel K directly here.)  Lisa is one of my favorite YouTubers who I hope to feature on the blog in the near future.



Thank you so much for taking the time to check out this post.  I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

xoxo
Mere

No comments: