Sunday, February 24, 2013

february favorites.




♥ Beauty Blender- For ages they only sold this online but you can finally buy it in certain Sephora stores! I literally squealed when I saw it in the checkout line and people were looking at me like I was nuts.  This cult favorite is a non-disposable sponge for foundation application.  Now that I have had a chance to mess with it myself, I can see what all the hype was about.  


♥ Bobbi Brown Brightening Finishing Powder in Porcelain Pearl- This all-over powder is used to illuminate the skin and give a healthy looking glow. I pair it with the Bobbi Brown BB Cream (mentioned later in this post) and they work together perfectly. It also comes in a darker mix of shades called "Brightening Nudes" that also looks gorgeous, just too dark for my skin tone.  The metallic packaging and mirror are an added bonus :) 


 ♥ Bumble & Bumble Defrizz- This gel combats frizz and flyaways better than anything I have ever found. It's also a lot less oily, in my opinion, compared to other products that claim to do the same thing.


♥ Camelbak Eddy (Insulated)- This water bottle has been life changing! It's spill-proof and insulated.  Lately, I have been trying to drink a lot more H20 and this has made such a difference.  Previously, I was using another water bottle that would always "sweat," and spill.  Overall, it was a pain and somewhat of a hassle to take around with me.  If you are someone who needs a water bottle for "on the go"--this is your new best friend. 


♥ Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm For Lips- This name is quite deceiving ha!  I purchased this at Sephora for my lips...not anything else (I'm dying laughing as I type this...)  To quote Sephora's website, "Originally developed for nursing mothers, Dr. Lipp's natural Lanolin-based formula is one of the most effective salves for dry or sensitive skin.  Using a centuries-old remedy, the London-based brand created a medical grade treatment that hydrates, protects, and heals lips while also providing a glossy shine."  Ever since November, my lips have been chapped and driving me nuts.  Each night, I apply this before I go to bed and it makes a huge difference in the morning.  I have become quite the chapstick hoarder and this one is my current favorite (which says a lot considering how many I have gone through.)  


♥ L'oreal Voluminous Carbon Black, CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume, & Benefit They're Real- In other words, the holy trinity :)  I'm often asked if I wear fake eyelashes and this combo is the culprit.  I spend more time on my eyelashes than anything else when applying makeup.  First, I apply the Lash Blast.  I'll wait about 10 minutes and then apply the Voluminous.  Lastly, after another 10-15 minutes, I'll apply a final coat of They're Real and I'm ready to go.  Yes, this is a lot of steps but it achieves the "false lash" look without having to mess with em'.  Sometimes I'll skip the 2nd or 3rd step. However, at a minimum, I always apply Lash Blast with one of the other two on top.


♥ Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque- AKA Liquid Gold.  I apply this hair masque to the ends of my hair about twice a week and let it sit for 8 minutes before washing it out.  This product has drastically changed the strength of my hair and diminished fallout a great deal.  


♥ Queen Helene Mint Julep Face Masque- This is another cult favorite that I learned of through my favorite beauty guru "You Tubers."  Queen Helene helps dry up acne, removes blackheads, and shrinks pores.  Overall, it removes the impurities from your skin.  Therefore, even if you have pretty decent skin, this might be worth the $3.00 (or less, depending on which store you purchase it from.)  I just love the fresh/cleansed sensation after it's removed.  


♥ Nivea Milk & Honey Lip Care-  Dr. Lipp, mentioned previously, is a little too... "goopy" to wear throughout the day.  Therefore, this chapstick is my go-to during the day.  Not only does it lock in moisture and keep your lips hydrated, it smells delicious!  


♥ Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray- From what I understand, this is one of B&B's bestsellers as it truly took off once it was on the shelves!  It is a saltwater-based styling spray, made to achieve a beachy/wavy look.  My hair is naturally wavy but not "cute wavy" :)  Therefore, when my hair is still wet, I'll spray and scrunch this into my hair and it makes my natural waves look a lot more wind-styled and tame, while adding texture and fullness all in one.  


♥ Benefit Porefessional- The name says it all.  It's an oil-free balm, made to reduce the appearance of pores.  However, a lot of people have been using this as a primer as well and it works wonders!!  I love that it has a hint of color to it as well, which somewhat "blurs" imperfections in the skin.  This product is extremely lightweight, silky, and smooths the skin better than anything I have tried.  



♥ Ole Henricksen Ultimate Life Eye Gel-  I have been hearing incredible things about this brand and finally decided to give it a try.  This product is an anti-aging treatment that is made to reduce/prevent sagging, puffiness, and wrinkles under the eye.  Each night, after applying my Dr.Lipp, I dab this on underneath my eyes and can see a serious difference in the morning.  The gel truly hydrates while tightening underneath the eyes and gives an awakened appearance.  


♥ Tarte Lip Surgence (matte colors in Hope & Fiery)- I adore these two!!!  Hope is pretty similar to Exposed (a color I have mentioned on the blog in a previous favorites post,) but more of a rosy-nude as opposed to a nude-nude.  Fiery is as red as they come and makes your teeth look crazy white. These are peppermint-infused and glide on so smooth and moisturizing.  Lastly, they stay on for ages and I find that I don't have to reapply these as often as other matte products.  


♥ Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs- I previously used (and more than likely blogged about) the spray bottle version of this product and loved it.  However, the lotion is somehow even better so this is my new favorite.  When they say airbrushed, they aren't kidding.  This lotion reminds me of the porefessional, but for your legs, if that makes any sense :)  It truly "blurs" imperfections and gives your legs a flawless, radiant finish with a bit of color added as well.  


♥ Bobbi Brown BB Cream- BB Cream stands for Beauty Balm.  Beauty Balms (or BB Creams) are known to be five-in-one multitaskers which moisturize, prime, conceal, treat, and protect (they typically have some level of SPF included) the skin.  When I heard Bobbi Brown was coming out with their own version of the BB Cream, I couldn't wait to get my hands on this.  As expected, it definitely lives up to the hype.  If I had to recommend one product out of all of my February favorites, it would be this bad boy.  

I hope you enjoyed my monthly favorites! What products are you loving this month?

Have a wonderful week!
xoxo

Mere

2 comments:

Amy in Austin said...

I LOVE my beauty blender. My BB cream goes on so perfectly. I've been reading a lot about coconut oil lately (it looks solid in the jar, but melts in your hands easily). It's supposed to be a really good hair mask (put it on dry hair for 30 min, then shower and wash like normal.) I need to start working on my hair for the wedding! But I might also give the pore and lip stuff a try too! Fun product review!

Meredith Paige said...

I have been hearing a lot of good things about coconut oil lately as well. Hmmm sounds like we need to invest!!!:) Oh, by the way,thank you so much for the beauty blender cleaner again. I was using it for my brushes before (works like a charm) but even better now that I have a BB! :)