Saturday, May 25, 2013

instagram/youtube spotlight: beautymoxie




Time for another “Instagrammer/YouTuber” spotlight—meet Kristen! I initially found Kristen through Sarah (from BeautyBuzzHub on YouTube) as the two of them did a beauty swap.  After seeing the goodies Kristen sent Sarah, I knew I had to check out her channel. From there, I had one of those marathon YouTube moments where I watched several of her videos back to back...to back..to back. And, with that, I was hooked!! I love that she features a combination of drugstore and high end beauty products.  Kristen is also great about posting on a regular basis, which, naturally, I love J Let’s get started with the interview questions!

Favorite drugstore cosmetic product (brands and items?) L’Oreal Lumi Foundation, Maybelline Rocket Volume Mascara, Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Sweetheart

Favorite high end cosmetics (brands and items?) Nars Larger Than Life lip gloss in Paris Follies, Hourglass Ambient Powder Dim Light, MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Natural

Favorite foundations? Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation, L’Oreal Lumi
 
Favorite moisturizer? Oil of Olay for Normal Skin with SPF.  It's a great affordable day time moisturizer.  

Favorite eye cream? Kiehl's Rosa Arctica Eye Balm

Favorite face wash? Philosophy Purity Made Simple 

Favorite blushes? There are seriously too many to list but I my current favorites are Sonia Kashuk's Melon, NYX Natural, Tarte Magic and Tarte Doll Face  

Favorite lipstick, chapstick, gloss, etc? I love baby lips from Maybelline.  My favorite lipsticks are by MAC and currently my favorites are Peach Blossom and Cream Cup.  My favorite glosses of the moment are the NYX Butter Glosses, MAC Angel, NYX Beige, Urban Decay Crush, and NARS Paris Follies.  

Favorite makeup primer? L’Oreal Magic Perfecting Base and Hourglass Mineral Primer

Favorite primers? MAC Painterly Paint Pot

Favorite meals/snacks/bars/protein powders/supplements?  My new addiction is the KIND bars.  =)

Favorite hair products? I love my Healthy Sexy Hair leave in conditioner, It's a 10, and Joico Body Luxe Shampoo and Conditioner.  

Favorite websites? Youtubers? Blogs, etc Temptalia's blog is my favorite site! =) My favorite you tubers that isn't a friend of mine would have to be either Pixi Woo's or Jaclyn Hill. They are all amazing makeup artists and I have any makeup tips from them.  

Favorite author?  James Patterson and Nicolas Sparks

Top beauty tips? Coconut Oil has so many uses from taking off makeup to clearing up an Eczema rash. It's a great product to have on hand all the time.  

Favorite music/bands? I love all types of music.  I typically listen to country music.  But my musical heart will always belong to Adam Levine.  




What does a typical day look like for you? I get up and get my oldest off to school.  I have my coffee while feeding my littlest guy breakfast.  I usually film and edit a video during his nap.  Then the rest of the day is play time with errands thrown in there.  

Favorite movies/tv shows? Greys Anatomy, Modern Family, The Big Bang Theory

Favorite alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage? I LOVE the strawberry mango margaritas from Chili's, with sugar on the rim.  

What are you most proud of? My little family.  

Future aspirations?  My goal is to get my Masters of PA and to become a Physicans Assistant. 

Favorite vacation spots? Anywhere there is a beach. 

If you could live anywhere? Hawaii

Do you prefer to work out in the morning, afternoon, or evening? I'm definitely a morning workout person.  I like to get it out of the way and have my day ahead of me.  

Guilty pleasure? The Real Housewives

Something you want the readers to know about you?  That I'm a mom to two amazing little boys with the third musketeer due in September. =) I'm a military spouse and a Biology major.  

Kristen, I cannot thank you enough!!  I’m so thankful to have found your channel and for the opportunity to get to know you better. 

Please check out her wonderful channel!

Instagram: beautymoxie
www.beautymoxie.com

No comments: