Monday, April 7, 2014

favorite foundations april 2014.


It's been awhile since I posted about makeup and I definitely have that itch! I can honestly say there is no other category, in the world of beauty products, that I enjoy talking about more than foundation.  Foundation can make or break your entire look as it's the canvas. My skin is combination, therefore, I'm not super oily or super dry--smack down the middle and it varies based on the weather.  I have had more experience playing with the three pictured above.  The Guerlain foundation pictured below is the newest addition to my collection and we are in love too :)  

Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation:
Sephora's Definition: Stay flawless for 15 hours with this photoshoot secret for picture-perfect skin.  This long-wearing, hydrating formula blurs imperfections using light-diffusing, encapsulated pigment spheres, and delivers natural-looking, buildable medium-to-full coverage.  Sweat-free, transfer-proof, humidity-resistant formula keeps skin hydrated and shine-free all day.
Why I Love It: The wear time and coverage! Most long wearing foundations seem to create "cake face" yet this one feels like you are wearing nothing, lasts all day, and covers imperfections very well. 

YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Illuminating Foundation: 
Sephora's Definition: Infused in a weightless fluid, this foundation targets shadowy areas and highlights the contours of the face.  Free of opaque fillers, it's perfecting texture evens the complexion and helps conceal imperfections while enhancing your skin's natural beauty.
Why I Love It: Illuminating "glowing" finish. If you are looking for a dewy finish, this is your new best friend.  My other favorite thing is how this one blends-- so effortless.

Make Up For Ever Face & Body Foundation:
Sephora's Definition: This waterproof, ultra-light, water-based gel contains no emulsifiers and provides a totally natural, satin finish.  Ideal for normal skin-types as well as for fine lines and large pores.  Gives skin a uniform tone without accentuating imperfections. 
Why I Love It:  The water-based gel formula is really unique-- I love the smell, as odd as that sounds.  It dries fairly quick so you have to work with the product rapidly.  I agree with Sephora's "satin finish" description as that is the best way to describe the end result.  MUFE's Face & Body is fantastic during the hot summer months as the water- based formula seems to last longer. 



Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation: 
Sephora's Definition: An invisible foundation that wears like a second skin.  This unbelievably silky formula creates a natural radiance that captures and reflects light to reveal the look of naturally perfect skin.  Imperfections are erased and coverage lasts all day long.
Why I Love It: Second skin is the perfect way to describe Lingerie De Peau.  Out of every foundation I have ever tried (bold statement, I know) this has the most natural finish and does not sink into fine lines and wrinkles. It physically feels the most natural as well. It's pricey but worth every penny. 



Thank you all for your patience with the blog posts.  We are happy to be back at it but definitely want to deliver more frequently.  More to come on beauty/makeup, business, pets, events, oil and gas industry, finances, and more! 

Much Love,
m + b 

No comments: