Monday, June 3, 2013

instagram/youtube/blogger spotlight: glamourwonderland


Good morning all!  Meet Shannon!  Not only does she maintain her YouTube channel and Instagram, but this favorite of mine also has her own blog! She does DIY projects, favorites,  tutorials, reviews, lifestyle posts, demos,… you name it! You can tell her and her husband adore each other --their pictures are the cutest.  I’ll get onto the questions and pictures but you can find all of her contact information and social media avenues below.



Favorite Starbucks beverage? I always get a Chai Latte with a pump of vanilla, it's the perfect combination of spicy and sweet!  

Favorite drugstore cosmetic product (brands and items?) I love the Revlon Lip Butters, I can't get enough of them! The one I've been wearing a lot recently is Strawberry Shortcake, it's the perfect bright pink for summer! 



Favorite high end cosmetics (brands and items?) Definitely Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening Powder. It is something that has been a staple in my makeup routine for the past 3 years. It is a very lightweight powder that I dust on top of my concealer to add brightness and luminosity, and it also helps my concealer last all day! I really could never go without it!   




Favorite foundations? That's tough because I have so many that I love haha but the ones I repurchase the most are Revlon's PhotoReady in the fall/winter and Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in the spring/summer...however I just discovered Dr. Jart's Black Label Detox BB Cream which is one of my new favorites for summer months!  

Favorite mascaras? My favorite drugstore mascara is L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black and my favorite high-end mascara is Chanel's Le Volume de Chanel...I just don't like the price! ;)    



Favorite moisturizer? Right now I really like Derma-E's Soothing Oil-Free Moisturizer

Favorite eye cream? Dr. Dennis Gross Lift & Lighten eye cream is great! 

Favorite face wash? Skinceuticals LHA Cleansing Gel really helped stop my breakouts, I can't go without it! 

Favorite blushes? I love Cabana Boy from The Balm and also the Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Amused - I love any bright pink blush :) 


Favorite lipstick, chapstick, gloss, etc? My all-time favorite lip product is Smith's Rosebud Salve, I use it every night before bed. It keeps my lips hydrated and soft, I love it! 

Favorite powders? Definitely e.l.f's High Definition powder, I love loose powders and this one is lightweight and only $6!  

Favorite primers? Right now I'm using Laura Geller's Spackle Primer (in bronze) which is great but my favorite is Laura Mercier's Mineral Primer, it leaves your skin super soft and never oily!

Favorite brush? I love my Sigma F80 Flat top kabuki brush - it's a must-have! 


Favorite snacks/bars/protein powders/supplements? Well, I'm celiac and I also try to stay away from dairy so sometimes these are a challenge for me but my favorite snack bars right now are Lara bars and for supplements I love Vega One...the chocolate flavor tastes great in smoothies! 

Favorite hair products? The new "vintage" Herbal Essences Smooth Collection is my favorite right now, I used to use it when I was young so it's fun to be able to use it again! 

Favorite websites? Youtubers? Blogs, etc.? I love reading food blogs and finding new recipes, although I don't have a favorite food blogger because I normally find them through searching for gluten and dairy free recipes on Pineterest haha :) but there are so many great ones!  But my favorite YouTuber is Melmphs, she is SO much fun!  



Favorite books? Anything by Joyce Meyer 

Career goals? To continue to grow and be inspired by the things I love doing :) I never want to get bored! 

Top beauty tips? Have fun, experiment, & be creative! Everyone is different and there are no right or wrong's with makeup. Do what makes you feel confident, even if that means wearing no makeup at all! :) 

Favorite music/bands? I love almost any type of music but my favorite band to see live is Needtobreathe, they are incredible!  


Favorite alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage? I love drinking hot tea! It's one of my favorite things to do...haha even though that sounds really lame ;)  

Favorite quote? "Don't let your happiness depend on something you may lose." - C.S. Lewis 

What are you most proud of? My family 



What does a typical day look like for you? Weekends? I work during the week and on weekends I go to church, relax, and recently we've been spending a lot of time at the beach!

Favorite movies/tv shows? My favorite tv show is Friends, I've seen every episode way too many times to count but they never get old!  



Future aspirations? To be happy, healthy, and to encourage others. 

Favorite vacation spots? Disney World haha ;) we've gone back every year since we stopped working there and it's always so much fun! 

If you could live anywhere? New Zealand 

Do you prefer to work out in the morning, afternoon, or evening? I prefer mornings, that way I won't have an excuse not to do it! 


What do you do if you are lacking energy/motivation and still need to get a workout in? Putting on my workout clothes and shoes always helps motivate me to get it done

Guilty pleasure? Salt & Vinegar potato chips! 




What does a perfect day look like to you? Spending time with my husband & doing something fun!   

Something you want the readers to know about you? I'm 27!! Most people think I'm a teenager...which I guess is a compliment & something I won't complain about when I get older haha :) 

Favorite animal? Pets? I have a pet dog named Lady, she's a terrier mix that we got from a rescue shelter 6 years ago when she was a puppy. She's my only child right now haha :)  

Thank  you so much, Shannon! You are such a doll and I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions.

You can find Shannon here:



Have a wonderful week! 

No comments: